Management Performance Tools
SN3’s Process Excellence (PE) expertise can help unleash the power of your greatest assets: your people. Process Excellence provides resources/expertise to other organizations to continuously identify and eliminate waste, reduce variation, and improve total value stream performance – maintaining positive momentum through recognition and reward of individual and team successes.
SN3 has more than 50 professionals that can provide or manage the implementation of PE capabilities and utilities. We provide training in the fundamentals and application of Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, and Concept-of-Operations tools and methodologies.
Systems Engineering & Integration
We can provide Systems Engineering (SE) as a design and management discipline to counteract the difficulties encountered in the engineering of increasingly large, complex, and interdisciplinary systems.
Our process translates a customer’s needs, arising from a specific mission or business objective, into a set of requirements and specifications for a system’s performance and configuration, then proceeding with design synthesis and validation of the system in its entirety. Systems Engineering integrates all disciplines and specialty groups to form a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production to operation to disposal.
- Ensures a full and complete understanding of customer needs, constraints, interfaces, regulations, etc. and translates them into requirements.
- Provides a thorough comprehension of system functionality independent of design.
Systems Analysis and Control
- Includes Work Breakdown Structure, which incorporates a hierarchy used for a consistent terminology across all technical, cost and schedule areas.
- Includes Human System Integration, which ensures that the human interaction with the system is effective, safe and efficient.
- Includes Decision Analysis/Trade-off Study, which provides consistent decision making upon which optimized product and document decisions and assumptions are made.
- Includes Configuration Management, which implements a methodology to identify, manage, control and communicate the configuration and its interfaces.
- Includes Risk and Opportunity Management, which engages a formal process to proactively address and mitigate potential negative consequences and realize potential positive benefits.
- Identifying one or more solutions consistent with the defined and derived requirements.
SN3 and HII currently perform over 70,000 training events annually to develop the necessary production skills, including Nuclear Pipe Welding, Contamination/Radiation Work, Crane Operations, etc. Over the past century, we have created and implemented key workforce development processes and have learned valuable lessons that can be offered to clients and other organizations with a need for rapid growth of a skilled workforce. We focus on development of key technical skills that require some formal training past a high school degree, combined with meaningful hands-on experiential learning. We not only grow skills, but we develop a sustainable skilled production workforce and leadership culture.
SN3 develops, delivers, and maintains a wide variety of educational and training programs that prepare employees to safely perform work; introduce new skills; refresh and enhance existing competencies; and progress professionally. Our workforce and leadership development tools ensure maintenance of the knowledge base, understanding of the work, and engagement in it.
SN3 has a history of developing excellent working relationships with organized labor. Our philosophy is that unions and contractors have the same basic need – safe work. Safety is the basis on which contractors and their workforces can find common ground and understanding. The relationship of contractor and union has to be based on respect and on safe, successful performance of the work. We have maintained a good working relationship with represented labor and promptly address any disputes as they arise to ensure a sound working environment.
We have agreements with a variety of labor unions, including Teamsters, Laborers, Mechanics, Carpenters, Masons, Operational Engineers, and the United Steelworkers (USW).
Business Systems Management
Value Stream Analysis: SN3’s Business System Management relies on an Continuous Improvement System to assess the state of a value stream from beginning to end, identifying and involving all key stakeholders, products and customers, and utilizing potential improvement opportunities along that value stream while taking major project/program needs/concerns under consideration.
Process Excellence Institute: SN3 provides training in the fundamentals and application of Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, and Concept-of-Operations tools and methodologies.
Facilitation: Our experienced facilitators conduct meetings and events that require a cross-section of customers and suppliers of a process while coaching those individuals on Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies as well as Lean concepts.
Benchmarking: SN3 process excellence experts can provide a structured approach to sharing knowledge on best practices for driving continuous improvement.
5S+: Our 5S+ PE tools include: Sort; Set in Order; Shine; Standardize; Sustain; +Safety. These tools can be combined and implemented to increase the output of a work area.
Knowledge Management: We can help connect people to people and people to information. Workers can do their jobs more efficiently and effectively through collaborative environments; participation in Communities of Practice; Knowledge Mapping; and the communication of continuous improvement successes across the project, program, or enterprise.
Process Standardization and Integration: We standardize and integrate core business processes, including key engineering, supply-chain management, and planning and execution processes through the value stream.
Standardized application of processes crosses all programs in the enterprise and includes process reviews; problem identification; incorporation of lessons learned among the various programs and organizations. It also ensures that the necessary tool-set and information technology improvements are cascaded in support of user requirements.
SN3 can help integrate partnering and stakeholder involvement initiatives in a formal, structured fashion.
Process Excellence Tools
We deliver process excellence with Robust Systems Engineering Tools and Capabilities for the engineering process, integration, Technical planning, Technical performance management, decision history, and control.
- Requirements Analysis
- Functional Analysis
- Design Synthesis
- Technical Review
- Specialty Engineering (Human Interface Systems, Reliability and Maintainability Analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, etc.)
- Stakeholders (Regulators, Contractual Customers, Procurement and Material Handlers, Vendors and Sub-Contractors, Collective Bargaining Units, End Users)
- Functional Support Services (Planning, Engineering ESHandQ, Facilities and Infrastructure, etc.)
Technical Planning and Control
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Organizational Breakdown Structure
- Trade-off Studies
- Effectiveness Analysis
- Requirements Management
- Configuration and Change Management
- Risk Management
- Integration Management
- Data Management
- Master Schedule
Technical Performance Management (TPM)
- Project Deliverable Parameter Allocation and Tracking
- Real Time Feedback to Customer
- Proposals for Baseline Change or Enhancement
- Decision Database
- Commitment Tracking
- Decision Reviews
- Knowledge Management
SN3 is experienced at providing key personnel in business/administration, project management, and IT interface areas. We have extensive records and data management experience controlling and searching databases totaling more than 30 terabytes. We provide records management with Documentum® experience (digital and physical).
We use the most appropriate technology and management practices to efficiently manage, operate, and maintain an enterprise-wide computer and information system, including:
- Data Validation and Verification
- Presentation and Analysis
- Archival Records Administration
- Data Backup and Retrieval
This includes a central network control server facility with an alternate data center, computer workstations, area networks, office automation, software and management information system development and maintenance, data communication, and directly related support activities, including cyber security.
As an example of our expertise, during the last five years under the Legacy Management Support Services (LMSS) contract (2010 through 2015), SN3 successfully processed the following number of records requests in a compliant and timely manner:
- General records requests – 3,600
- Privacy Act records requests – 293
- FOIA requests – 1,700
- EEOICPA requests – 6,200