SN3 has safely and successfully conducted all phases of environmental investigation, assessment, and remediation work, from initial investigation through final closure.
Field Services, Investigations, and Feasibility Studies
SN3 assessment methodologies are designed to fully characterize the nature and extent of potential contaminants in soil, water, air, and biota and focus on innovative remediation techniques that can lower overall costs and reduce environmental and human health impacts.
We have safely and successfully conducted all phases of environmental remediation work, from initial investigation through final closure. We apply assessment methodologies designed to fully characterize the nature and extent of potential contaminants in soil, water, air, and biota and focus on innovative remediation techniques that can lower overall costs and reduce environmental and human health impacts. SN3’s site assessment and remediation services include:
- Site characterization
- Data validation and analysis
- Hydrology and geologic characterization
- Fate and transport modeling
- Groundwater treatment systems
- Soil remediation
- Air monitoring and permitting
Surface Water, Groundwater and Soils Services
Our comprehensive services include the following:
- Sampling plans
- Collection, validation, and interpretation of analytical data
- System-wide operational evaluation
- Contaminant characterization and fate and transport modeling
- Geophysical logging
- High resolution spectral gamma logging to identify and assay manmade and naturally occurring radionuclides in the subsurface
- Risk assessment
- Analytical quality assurance and control
- Analytical data management
- Specific technical and scientific support In engineering, design, installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of large-scale surface water and groundwater remediation and management systems
- Surface water and groundwater treatment
- Groundwater hydrology and production well evaluations
- Surface water hydrology and hydraulic evaluations
- Water distribution and hydro-pneumatic pumping systems
We understand monitoring and sampling requirements, preparation, and implementation of remediation and monitoring plans, and evaluation and documentation of sites and surrounding hydrology and geology.
Renewable and Sustainable Energy
SN3’s scientists and engineers assist facility managers to increase energy efficiency through energy audits, feasibility studies, and the application of technologies such as solar, wind, and geothermal energy. We also bring renewable and green energy experience, an in-depth understanding of front-end environmental compliance with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other ongoing project permitting requirements, construction management, and one of the best safety records in the industry. We specialize in the following:
- Solar power
- Water conservation
- Combined heat and power systems
- Low head/low flow hydropower
- Energy savings/performance contracting
- Geothermal power
- Water treatment
- Wind turbines
- Government-community-corporate partnership ventures
- Permitting and compliance
Our team of experts provides the knowledge and experience necessary to secure site closure backed by professional judgment. We ensure compliance, environmental protection, and client satisfaction. Environmental management and remediation efforts are essential to the health of the local communities in which we work and in the protection of the environment.
Long-Term Surveillance and Maintenance (LTS&M) and Site Closure
SN3 has supported DOE in LTS&M and site closure over the last three decades, providing physical controls, institutions, information and other mechanisms to ensure protection of people and the
environment at sites or portions of sites where DOE has completed or plans to complete cleanup actions. These activities include landfill closures, remedial actions, corrective actions, removal actions, and facility stabilization. The procedures implemented for these sites include a combination of land-use controls, monitoring and maintenance, and information management practices.
LTS&M and closure entails ensuring that environmental remedies are protective of human health and the environment while reducing life-cycle costs; protecting legacy records and assuring they are accessible and retrievable; optimizing public use of Federal lands and property; and managing the program to provide long-term sustainability and transparency to numerous stakeholders.
Risk Assessment and Fate and Transport Modeling
Our experience includes providing numerous risk assessments for industrial, mining, Brownfield, commercial, and governmental sites. Our experts are experienced in communicating results to stakeholders and the public. SN3’s risk assessment capabilities include:
- Human health, ecological, and radiological risk assessments
- Risk-based prioritization and closure
- Contaminant fate-and-transport modeling
- Monte Carlo analysis
- Nuclear safety analysis
We also routinely address programmatic risk. We use a proven process to identify, quantify, mitigate, and track program-level business and technical management risks, allowing us to anticipate problems, decrease cost and schedule variances, and increase the probability of success and client satisfaction.