Military and maritime industry clients of Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support Group, known for 35 years as AMSEC, require the support of a total ship systems service contractor to accomplish rapid response alterations and authorized changes to installed shipboard systems and equipment.
Total Ship systems means a contractor with the experience and in-place capability to support all three of the traditional shipboard operational disciplines:
- Hull Machinery and Equipment
- Combat Systems
Technical Solutions provides end-to-end maintenance and modernization solutions for the U.S. military, U.S. Government, and the commercial maritime industry, including:
- Maintenance Planning & Logistics Support
- Modernization Support
- Maintenance and Maintenance Support
- Manufacturing, Fabrication, and Repair
Technical Solutions’ maintenance and modernization expertise includes, among others:
- Field engineers
- Design engineers & drafters
- Electronic technicians and master tradesmen
- Fiber & multi-pin connector technicians
Our 35 years of experience on Aircraft Carriers, Submarines, Surface Ships and small boats encompasses:
- Maintenance for all types of scheduled TYCOM availabilities
- Mid-life Refueling and Complex Overhaul (RCOH)
- New construction (engineering, design, planning, installation, testing)
- Modernization and system upgrades (installation, testing)
- Emergent work – Our “Fly-Away Teams” can mobilize anywhere, anytime
- Condition assessments, ship checks, tag-outs and safe work control
- Training for maintenance or operation of equipment/systems
We have been managing complex shipboard modernization projects since 1981. We offer our clients a large technical workforce with a lean, flexible management organization and program structure designed to provide maximum Program Manager authority; waterfront tested Project Quality Planning, scheduling, control and reporting; demonstrated staffing expertise; proven subcontractor control; and an ingrained ISO 9001:2008-certified Quality Management System.
We do business differently from traditional contractors. We are committed to provide the finest possible solution to any problem regardless of company affiliation. Moving beyond the stove-piped self-interest paradigm, the Fleet Support Group is free to provide the optimal solution to any customer requirement in terms of quality, cost and schedule. We provide value-added service to our clients through our extensive experience, insight, and ongoing relationships with Government agencies and maritime corporations involved with ship modernization and construction.
For information about the skills and craftsmanship offered through our San Diego Shipyard, visit our Certified Master Ship Repair section.
Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support Group also provides engineering, design, logistics, information technology, data management and training solutions in addition to our maintenance and modernization support services.
For more detail, please visit the following capabilities pages and brochures:
- AMSEC Overview
- Maintenance and Modernization
- C4ISR Systems Support
- Expeditionary Warfare
- Integrated Maintenance Solutions
- Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Ship Design, and Construction Support
- Facility and Security Engineering
- Supply Support, Configuration Status Accounting, Asset Management
- Technical Documentation
- Information Technology and Data Management Solutions
- Training and Media Solutions
- Industrial Facilities
- Maintenance University– Maintenance and Material Management (3M) Certification
- Download or Print All Capabilities Brochures